Check out your choices with this particular choice of various kinds of stone flooring.
- Flagstone: Ideal for outside uses, flagstone is really a sedimentary rock which is split or reduce layers. Flagstone tiles are most frequently observed in patios, walkways, steps, and ancient castles.
- Granite: Noted for its density and potential to deal with scratching, granite floors are among the most widely used kinds of stone flooring. You will find countless varieties available, providing you with several choices for various granite flooring looks.
- Limestone: Using its natural, earthen appearance, limestone is ideal for a subtle design plan. It's created of sedimentary material like barrier and shells, giving limestone floors a really unique look in a number of earthen colors.
- Manufactured stone: Manufactured, or agglomerate stone, is really a synthetic material produced from chips of gemstone coupled with cement, polyester, or epoxy resins. It presents the feel of gemstone flooring, and it is frequently less expensive than real stone.
- Marble: Marble flooring is renowned for its classic veined appearance. It's a soft, easily–polished stone prone to scratching.
- Sandstone: Composed largely of quart sand grains, sandstone flooring includes a rough, textured surface. Many types of sandstone floors can be found with very distinct, interesting colorings.
- Slate: Water–resistant slate flooring includes a sheet–like, textured look. Made up of slate, quarta movement, and shale, and obtainable in a multitude of natural colors, slate flooring is a superb option for a distinctive stone floor.
- Travertine: Soft, porous travertine has got the density of marble having a textured surface. Natural tooth decay could be filled for any polished finish, or left empty to help keep the feel from the in addition to.
Once you have selected your stone, choose your finish for truly customized floors.
- Polished: This common finishing technique brings about the good thing about stone floors by reflecting their natural crystals. Progressively finer polishing heads are utilized to obtain a shiny surface. Limestone, marble, and granite floors are generally polished.
- Honed: Honed finishes are produced by stopping prior to the last polishing stage. This enables for any softer, flat matte appearance that shows less scratches, and it is low maintenance. Slate, marble, and limestone prosper with this kind of finish.
- Acid–washed: This shiny surface includes small etching marks and pits, supplying a rustic look. Limestone and marble flooring are generally acid–washed, which strategy is generally accustomed to soften the shine on granite.
- Saw–cut refined: Saw marks are taken off this kind of stone flooring during processing, however a honed finish isn't achieved. You might want to special order this kind of finish.
- Flamed: The top of stone is heated after which quickly cooled, resulting in the stone to nick and pop and departing behind an unrefined, rough texture. This kind of finish is most frequently seen on granite floors where slip–resistance is preferred.
- Split–faced: This rough–textured surface originates from hands cutting and chiseling in the quarry. It's mainly seen on slate floors.
- Tumbled: This finish originates from tiles being tumbled inside a machine, departing a rather pitted or smooth surface with rounded and damaged edges and corners. Marble and limestone floors are most frequently given a tumbled finish.
- Brushed: The stone's surface is brushed, giving the stone floor a naturally worn–down appearance.