- results in a glossy shine in the natural reflection of
the stone’s crystals
- mirror-like shine is accomplished by utilizing finer
- polish may serve you for a lengthy time or might be unstable
with respect to the kind of stone
- granite, marble and limestone are often
polished and wish maintenance to preserve the shine
- supplies a flat, matte or satin finish
- results in a more informal and softer look
- finish is produced by stopping lacking the final stage
- shows less scratches
- requires less maintenance
- marble, limestone, travertine and slate-best
for any honed finish
- shiny with small etching marks (pits within the surface)
- shows less scratches
- a lot more rustic to look at
- most gemstones could be acidity-washed
- most typical are marble and limestone
- also a method to soften the shine on granite
- matte finish
- stone is processed to get rid of the most heavy saw marks
although not enough to attain a honed finish
- can buy granite, marble and limestone by doing this
- finish achieved by heating the top of stone
to extreme temperatures, adopted by rapid cooling
- top of the stone pops and chips departing a tough,
- process is generally completed with granite
- flamed granite includes a highly textured surface
- well suited for places that slip resistance may well be a
concern (shower areas)
- rough texture
- less abrasive as flamed
- finish achieved by hands cutting and chiseling
in the quarry
- this exposes natural cleft from the stone
- finish is mainly done on slate
- smooth or slightly pitted surface, and damaged,
rounded edges and corners
- several methods used to offer the tumbled look
- 3/8” thick tiles could be tumbled inside a machine to
attain the preferred look
- or 3cm tiles could be tumbled after which split, creating
two tiles which are tumbled somewhere
- marble and limestone are primary candidates
- includes a worn lower look
- achieved by brushing the top of stone
- simulating natural put on with time
DIY: $69 River Rock Stone Pebble Hand Laid Floor
brenda mills: you gave me hope for my horrid , narly bathroom floor…most videos are by experts that have been doing their stuff for years….I know I can do it!
mistyaqua: Oh my gosh that came out lovely.
Luiz Gos: horrível!
mistyaqua: LOL I love the video description!
Adam G: Incredible job! Well done!!
MOM ON A MISSION: I will be attempting this in my bathroom 😀 Beautiful doesnt describe this floor! Well done!
Partly Cloudy: For future DIYers who have door in the way: another option would be to take the door down and shave off enough of the bottom to make it fit. There's probably a YouTube video on how to do something like that, rather than me explaining it here.
Carl Lacson: Now that's what I call "PATIENCE" :-)
Brett Winn: OMG … lady, you rock. I wish you lived next door. There aren't NEARLY enough people like you in the world, blazing a trail in public for others to follow, thinking out loud, problem-solving as you go and not caring that the clutter in the next room shows on your video because you're busy doing something more fun. Your video is a great tutorial. However, you get extra credit for being real! I loved it!
Jody Horvath: I heard that after a year or so the river rocks break from the grout and starts cracking. has this happen to you. have you run into any issues with this floor at all😃